Included here are a few reminders for our friendly Scholastica reviewers to keep in mind when assessing submissions for publication in our journal.
- First and foremost, it is critical that reviewers remember that Scholastica is an undergraduate journal and not a journal for academic professionals with advanced degrees.
- Be polite in your remarks and consider your reviews as “teachable moments.”
- While grammar is important to the coherency and intelligibility of a submission, do remember that the substance of the submission should be just as important.
- Scholastica adheres to a blind peer review process. Thus, if you recognize a paper as one submitted in a course you have taught, we kindly ask you to recuse yourself from the peer review process by notifying the Editorial Board of Scholastica.
- Submit your comments in narrative form rather than line by line (as if using Word Review function).
- Comments should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.